Dental Checkup and Cleaning
Most patients do not know why the dental profession recommends a visit every 6 months for a dental checkup and cleaning. The three most important reasons that strongly support the bi-yearly visitation schedule are:
The dental checkup room at Indy Dental Health
- So that your dentist can check for problems that you might not see or feel.
- To allow your dentist to find early signs of decay.
- Decay doesn’t become visible or cause pain until it reaches more advanced stages.
- To screen and treat any other oral health problems found.
- Generally, the earlier a problem is found, the more manageable it is.
Do you have a history of gum or bone disease? Our experience at Indy Dental Health, as well as documented research, shows that coming up to 3 to 4 times a year is much more benefical than twice. It allows you (the patient) and us (the health care provider) to control the disease process.